As the Software Engineer at SGA you’ll be at the forefront of disruption in the Architecture and AI industries. You’ll bring an entrepreneurial spirit, creativity and technical skills to apply language models (LLM) to our evolving firm. This is a great opportunity for a rising star, new to the professional workforce with a solid foundation in theory and practice from an accredited university and related experience.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Maintain the firm’s network
- Research, design and write new code
- Manage application development and deployment
- Handle some cloud computing duties in the GCP platform
- Be proactive in recommending new tools, technologies and proficiencies
- Passion for machine learning
- Solid understanding of supervised learning, unsupervised learning, reinforcement
- learning, and neural networks
- Familiarity with TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Pandas, etc
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work well independently and as a team
- Desire to advance skills, contribute positively to projects and take ownership of tasks and assignments.
- Articulate well in both verbal and written communication
- A foundational understanding of 3D modeling a plus
- Experience with document databases such as Firestore and MongoDB
Education + Experience
- BS in Computer Science/Applied Engineering
SGA is an architecture, interior design, planning, Virtual Design and Construction, and branded environments practice founded in 1991. With over 100 people in Boston and New York City, SGA pioneers tech-forward design that redefines how projects are visualized and delivered. SGA’s team-first approach and trademark creativity has resulted in over 450M SF of successful, innovative commissions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Firm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. The Firm complies with applicable local, state, and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Firm has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training, and leaves of absence. The Firm does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind, including but not limited to, these protected classes. We are counting on everyone, individually and collectively, to give this policy positive and constructive support.