The Senior Project Manager is responsible for communicating and ensuring all client and project goals are achieved within the parameters and in coordination with the project budget, the professional service fees and the schedule. The Senior Project Manager works directly with the Principals and Business Development department to develop proposals in response to RFP’s; establishes the scope of services, proposed fees, and projected schedules for Principal review and the performance of work.
(AIA Senior Project Manager) Ten or more years of experience licensure preferred but not required, bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited program; coordinates all projects efforts in order to ensure effective execution, prepare strategic plans and serves as primary client liaison. Estimates scope of work and oversees less experienced projects managers.
Essential Duites + Reponsibilities
- Handles the most complex projects of the largest magnitude.
- Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost effective execution of assigned projects.
- Prepares strategic plans for project success.
- Serves as primary liaison contact with clients to bring projects to completion on schedule, within budget, and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Actively manages client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments.
- Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts on the most complex projects.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of work of less experienced project managers.
- May act in a team leader capacity in the absence of the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited program plus 10-12 years of experience.
- Registered architects preferred.
- Maintains internal and external communication with staff, clients, consultants and other project team members, ensuring tasks are clear and that deadlines and budgets are communicated clearly and consistently.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises plans to meet changing requirements.
- Provides clear direction to team members, including in-house staff and consultants.
- Responsible for the profitability of their projects by successfully overseeing the completion of all work related to the scope of services within the proposed schedule and professional fee.
- The PM has a full understanding of billing procedures and ensures timely and accurate invoicing, in coordination with the consultants and SG&A’s accounting department.
- Define and manage the scope of services for additional services.
- Manages all aspects of a project and reviews deliverables prepared by others for intent and accuracy before delivering to client.
- Applies the firm’s methodology and enforces project standards and quality assurance procedures, adjusts project schedule as required to respond to changes in client expectations.
- Proactively initiates, documents and maintains correspondence with clients in order to secure authorization to proceed on various project phases.
- Responsible for adhering to the design intent through project completion and for the accuracy of all project documentation
- Responsible for the accuracy of all project documentation; is adept at using REVIT for developing project documentation.
- Implement and maintains a design conscious culture; involving the Project Architect and Project Principal in the establishment of design direction.
- Maintains a working understanding of how to analyze project profitability, revenue, bill rates and utilization rate.
- Ensures standards are adhered to on all projects under their management.
- Defines and manages the scope of services for additional services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrated working understanding of how to analyze project profitability, revenue, bill rates and utilization rate.
- Full understanding of billing procedures and timely and accurate invoicing, in coordination with the consultants and the accounting department.
- Has working knowledge of consultant (structural, civil, M.E.P., etc.) documents and ability to coordinate with consultant drawings.
- Has full understanding of the codes and zoning laws affecting the design and documentation of the projects under their management.
- Resolves issues and problems that arise during construction.
- Has a solid track record of adding design value to projects and of seeking input from others to raise the quality of design on projects.
- Skilled at improving the consistency and quality of design evolution and securing design quality as the process continues.
- Articulates ideas well in both verbal and written communication.
- Responsible for ensuring that standards are adhered to on all projects under their management.
- Has ease and full ability to present project information to clients and lead project meetings and conference calls with multiple parties.
- Has knowledge to review and approve shop drawings, review ongoing process of the work and complete punch lists as well as resolves issues and problems that arise during construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited program plus eight years of experience.
- Registered architect preferred.
Education + Experience
- Candidate must have 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited program
Certificate + Licenses
Must be NCIDQ Certified or a Registered Architect.
Must be adept with Revit, Deltek Vision, and Newforma.
The Firm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. The Firm complies with applicable local, state, and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Firm has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training, and leaves of absence. The Firm does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind, including but not limited to, these protected classes. We are counting on everyone, individually and collectively, to give this policy positive and constructive support.