The Project Manager is responsible for communicating and ensuring all client and project goals are achieved within the project parameters and in coordination with the project budget, the professional service fees, and the schedule. Ability to direct staff, oversee project teams and manage multiple projects of all sizes and complexity. Responsible for assuring office-wide objectives of enhanced design expertise and client service are successfully applied to every project to which he/she is assigned – from the earliest concept study through construction administration.
Essential Duites + Reponsibilities
- Has full responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple projects of all sizes and complexity.
- Prepares strategic plans for project success.
- Responsible for the coordination of all projects efforts, administrative and technical, to assure the most efficient and cost effective execution of assigned projects.
- Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Actively manages client budgets, schedules, and programs;
- Oversees project communications and documentation, office administrative tasks and project team assignments.
- Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts.
- Maintains internal and external communication with staff, clients, consultants and other project team members, ensuring tasks are clear and that deadlines and budgets are communicated clearly and consistently.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises plans to meet changing requirements.
- Provides clear direction to team members, including in-house staff and consultants.
- Responsible for the profitability of projects by successfully overseeing the completion of all work related to the scope of services within the proposed schedule and professional fee.
- Full understanding of billing procedures; ensures timely and accurate invoicing in coordination with the consultants and SGA’s accounting department.
- Defines and manages the scope of services for additional services.
- Manages all aspects of a project and reviews deliverables prepared by others for intent and accuracy before delivering to client.
- Applies the firm’s methodology and enforces project standards and quality assurance procedures, adjusts project schedule as required to respond to changes in client expectations.
- Proactively initiates, documents and maintains correspondence with clients in order to secure authorization to proceed on various project phases.
- Responsible for adhering to the design intent through project completion and for the accuracy of all project documentation
- Responsible for the accuracy of all project documentation.
- Implements and maintains a design conscious culture; involves the Design Director in the establishment of design direction.
- Maintains a working understanding of how to analyze project profitability, revenue, bill rates and utilization rate.
- Provides oversight on Project Management responsibilities to Senior design staff
- Consistently has high billable percent of time. Generally above 85% direct labor percentage over the course of a year.
- Is an ambassador of SGA and assists in marketing and business development efforts.
- Contributes to own professional development by actively participating in the mentoring program and other internal and external programs and training which enhance knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Has full understanding of consultant (structural, civil, M.E.P., etc.) documents and ability to coordinate between architectural and consultant drawings.
- Develops lasting relationships with clients, vendors and consultants; builds client loyalty.
- Seeks to contribute to BD through building strong client relationships, seeks opportunities to expand services with existing clients and connect with potential new clients through networking. Independently targets and pursues new opportunities on a consistent basis.
- Continues to increase knowledge base to remain current in the industry; shows commitment to one’s own education and advancement by seeking and completing training and education.
- Demonstrated working understanding of how to analyze project profitability, revenue, bill rates and utilization rate.
- Special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Articulates well in both verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates design excellence and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and as a team player.
- Serves as a role model and mentor for others.
- Has ease and full ability to present project information to clients and lead project meetings and conference calls with multiple parties.
- Coordinate with all others and contribute to office knowledge and culture in identifiable and demonstrated ways
- Promotes teamwork and conducts regular team meetings.
- Has ease and full ability to present project information to clients and lead project meetings.
Education + Experience
- Candidate must have 8+ years of relevant work experience in Corporate and higher education interior design and very strong design skills.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree but a master’s degree is preferred.
Certificate + Licenses
Must be NCIDQ Certified.
- Is adept in using REVIT, Auto CAD and all Microsoft Professional products.
- Experience in SketchUp and/or Adobe products is a plus.
- Displays eagerness and an ability to learn all software relevant to business operations.
Equal employment Opportunity
The Firm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. The Firm complies with applicable local, state, and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Firm has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training, and leaves of absence. The Firm does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind, including but not limited to, these protected classes. We are counting on everyone, individually and collectively, to give this policy positive and constructive support.