The Junior Interior Designer assists senior designers with all facets of the design process from conceptual design through construction administration, including development of design solutions, research and finish/lighting/furniture specification and drawing production.
Responsible for assuring office-wide objectives of enhanced design expertise and client service are successfully applied to every project to which he/she is assigned – from the earliest concept study through construction administration. Working with senior staff, the Junior Interior Designer is expected to articulate the project design as defined during the earliest phases by the project designer and/or project leadership, and to maintain an enhanced level of commitment to the success of the project throughout its development and implementation.
EsseEssential Duties + Responsibilities
- Implements design studies under the direction of senior staff.
- Develops design presentations through plans, elevations and 3D perspectives.
- Contributes to project team by assisting with technical work to complete a project.
- Assists in daily progress of construction document development
- Assists in CA duties including RFI responses, shop drawing review, developing punch lists and other administrative tasks.
- Helps to resolve issues and problems that arise during construction
- Working toward gaining full understanding of consultant (structural, civil, M.E.P., etc.) documents in order to coordinate between architectural and consultant drawings.
- Working toward gaining full understanding of building codes and regulations.
- Working toward gaining a full understanding of BOMA measurement criteria and able to understand and complete and manage accurate measurements in accordance with the project goals.
- Consistently has high billable percent of time. Generally above 85% direct labor percentage over the course of a year.
- Is an ambassador of SGA and assists in marketing and business development efforts.
- Contributes to own professional development by actively participating in the mentoring program and other internal and external programs and training which enhance knowledge, skills and abilities.
- In concert with Interns, act as librarian for interiors by updating product binders and finish samples, filing all new materials and unused pulled materials, conducting product research, meeting with product representatives and scheduling interiors product presentations.
- Special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Articulate well in both verbal and written communication.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and as a team player.
- Display ability to collaborate and coordinate with all others and contribute to office knowledge and culture in identifiable and demonstrated ways.
- Display the desire to advance skills, contribute positively to projects and take ownership of tasks and assignments.
Education + Experience
Certificate + Licenses
Not required at this level.
- Is adept in using REVIT, Auto CAD and all Microsoft Professional products.
- Experience in SketchUp and/or Adobe products is a plus.
- Displays eagerness and an ability to learn all software relevant to business operations.
Equal employment opportunity
The Firm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. The Firm complies with applicable local, state, and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Firm has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training, and leaves of absence. The Firm does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind, including but not limited to, these protected classes. We are counting on everyone, individually and collectively, to give this policy positive and constructive support.