We are looking for a skilled IT Technician who will maintain our information technology systems and networks. You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all computer workstations, printers, network infrastructure, telephone systems and associated software within the firm.
An IT Technician must be knowledgeable in software, hardware and networks. They must be critical thinkers and problem-solvers with great attention to detail. Since end user support and teamwork are important aspects of the role, excellent communication and people skills are required.
The IT Technician will collaborate with the Director of Technology and the Virtual Design & Construction Partner in developing network maintenance and growth plans, creating annual and project budgets and keeping the leadership team up to date on the latest networking technologies that could help the company succeed.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Install and configure appropriate software and help train employees on its use
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person and remotely
- Assist employees with computer and telephone problems and answer their questions
- Act as link between end users and higher level support (vendor support contacts)
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Perform maintenance activities (e.g. backups)
- Maintain support contracts and software licenses
- Provide orientation and guidance to new employees on how to operate our software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance for hardware and software without deterring others from completing their work
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands
- Coordinate the needs of in-house IT experts and remote employees, vendors and contractors
- Offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department
- Work closely with the Director to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network
- Monitor changing network technology and provide technology updates for the leadership team
- Responsible for maintaining disaster recovery plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis
- Manage any and all 3rd party equipment, software, telephone, connectivity and hardware supplier relationships
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Strong knowledge of personal computing hardware and software, local / wide area networks, printers/copiers, and peripherals.
- Programming skills a plus
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Proven experience as IT Technician or similar role
- 3-5 years minimum experience in similar service field
- Architecture, Interior Design, Advertising or Engineering firm experience is a plus
- Prior experience configuring and maintaining virtual servers through vmWare
- Ability to manage Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and other server-based applications assigned.
- Experience with computer images, application deployment, and support tools
SGA is an architecture, interior design, planning, Virtual Design and Construction, and branded environments practice founded in 1991. With over 100 people in Boston and New York City, SGA pioneers tech-forward design that redefines how projects are visualized and delivered. SGA’s team-first approach and trademark creativity has resulted in over 450M SF of successful, innovative commissions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Firm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. The Firm complies with applicable local, state, and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Firm has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training, and leaves of absence. The Firm does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind, including but not limited to, these protected classes. We are counting on everyone, individually and collectively, to give this policy positive and constructive support.