SGA, provides a complete range of architectural and interior design services – from master plans, feasibility and due diligence studies, program analysis, site selection, and comprehensive design through construction administration services for office buildings, mixed-use, corporate interiors, multi-family housing, and higher education projects in both urban and suburban settings.
The Architecture Intern position consists primarily of assisting the Architecture Department, but may also involve tasks assisting the Interiors Department, the Virtual Design & Construction Department, or office operating and Administrative functions as needed. This potential diversity of tasks is seen as beneficial in order to help expose Interns to the many facets of a design professional’s practice.
Essential Duites + Reponsibilities
- Drafting assistance, including picking up redlines
- Assist in printing, collation and distribution of drawing sets
- Assist in preparation of presentation renderings
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials & finishes boards
- Assist in filing (electronic and/or paper)
- Upkeep of the library, including return of pulled samples to the library and to suppliers
- Schedule and assist with manufacturer representatives’ visits
- Assist staff in the selection of project materials & finishes, including ordering and research
- Special tasks and assignments, in-house or project based, as determined
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently and as a team player.
- Displays ability to coordinate with all others, contributes to office knowledge and spirit in identifiable and demonstrated ways, helps to resolve team conflicts when they arise; conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Displays the desire to advance skills, contribute positively to projects, and takes ownership of tasks and assignments.
- Continues to increase knowledge base to remain current in the industry; shows commitment to one’s own education and advancement by seeking and completing training and education.
- Articulates ideas well in both verbal and written communication
Education + Experience
Must be a Junior or Senior at an accredited university working towards an Architecture degree.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel.
- Proficient in Revit
- AutoCAD knowledge a plus
- Experience in SketchUp and /or Adobe products is a plus
SGA is an architecture, interior design, planning, Virtual Design and Construction, and branded environments practice founded in 1991. With over 100 people in Boston and New York City, SGA pioneers tech-forward design that redefines how projects are visualized and delivered. SGA’s team-first approach and trademark creativity has resulted in over 450M SF of successful, innovative commissions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Firm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. The Firm complies with applicable local, state, and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Firm has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training, and leaves of absence. The Firm does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind, including but not limited to, these protected classes. We are counting on everyone, individually and collectively, to give this policy positive and constructive support.